VAMOS TERMS & CONDITIONS
Thank you for visiting this Vamos website at www.letslearnspanish.co.uk
Vamos for Schools Ltd is a company incorporated in England and Wales (Company number 14417164)
The company registered address is 56 Government Row, Enfield EN3 6JN and our school address is 98 White Lion Street, London N1 9PF
1. Definitions and Interpretations in these Conditions
The ‘Company’ refers to the ‘School’ and shall mean Vamos or Vamos for Schools Limited. ‘The Student’ refers to the person in whose name the booking is made and shall include the person or persons on whose behalf the booking is made. ‘Force Majeure’ shall mean any event outside the Company’s control which prevents the prompt performance of its obligations, including war and civil strife, etc.
The ‘Client’ shall mean the person or company in whose name the booking is made and shall include the person or persons on whose behalf the booking is made.
The ‘Student’ shall mean the person or persons participating in the course.
‘Force Majeure’ shall mean any event outside the Company’s control which prevents the prompt performance of its obligations, including war and civil strife, etc.
2. Courses Outlines
10-week courses – 20 hours of lessons, with 1 x 2-hour lessons per week.
5-week courses – 20 hours of lessons, with 2 x 2-hour lessons per week.
1-week courses – 20 hours of lessons, with 5 x 4-hour lessons per week.
2-week courses – 20 hours of lessons, with 5 x 2-hour lessons per week.
For more information on courses please go to our Courses page
3. Entry Requirements
Unless otherwise agreed students are required to be 18 years and over or 16 with parent or guardian permission, and unless a complete beginner should complete an online level test to indicate their level.
4. In-company training and private tuition
- Private tuition fees are paid in advance in agreed blocks of time.
- Private tuition is only available online.
- Cancellations require a minimum of 24-hours notice for the lesson to be rescheduled.
- Unused tuition for more than 6 months is not transferrable.
- A time and travel charge may apply
5. Course books and materials
For 20-hour in-person courses requiring an ELE or PRISMA textbook, these books are provided once only without charge. Returning students must retain their Ele textbook or purchase a new book unless the course they are joining requires a new textbook.
Online students are provided with a PDF version of the Activity book the first day of class, however they must purchase the ELE or PRISMA textbook from another source.
6. Minimum Number of Students
We require a minimum number of 6 students to be able to run a group course. We make every effort to run all our courses as advertised, but we cannot guarantee courses that fail to meet the minimum student number will be able to run.
If that is the case then this is the process we will follow:
- If possible we will offer you a place on a different course, or the solution may be to merge courses.
- The course may still run (at the School’s discretion) even when the minimum number of students is not met, however the course number of hours would likely be reduced.
- If neither of the above options is possible then your course fee will be refunded back in full.
7. Maximum Number of Students
The maximum number of places on a course is normally 18 students for in-person and 14 for online.
8. Public Holidays
If a course takes place on a public holiday, no lessons will take place on that day and the course will be extended.
9. Course Fees
Course fees include VAT. All in-person course fees include course materials (activity book and textbook – when applicable) and all online courses fees include only the activity book.
10. Cancellations and Refunds
We will be happy to refund your fees, provided you request your refund at least one week (7 calendar days) before your course starts.
- If less than 7 days before the course start date you can transfer your booking to another course for up to 6 months from the day of your booking at no extra charge.
- Cancellations with less than 7 days notice will be subject to a 100% cancellation charge.
- Unattended courses for more than 6 months are not transferable.
- Partial refunds are not offered under any circumstance.
Claiming a refund:
You must contact the School at the time of cancellation, following the stages indicated above, in order to claim any refund. We cannot offer any refunds at all where cancellations are made within 7 days of the start date or once the course has already started. Those who do not attend the rest of their course after the lessons have started cannot claim for a refund at any later stage.
Should the School be unable to run the course, or make suitable alternative arrangements under the Minimum Number of Students policy, the student will receive a full refund.
11. Liability of the School
We accept responsibility for ensuring that all parts of the course are supplied as described and that all services shall reach reasonable standard unless failure or improper performance is attributable to:
a) the fault of the student.
b) the unforeseeable or unavoidable actions of an unconnected third party.
c) unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond the School’s control, including force majeure.
12. Alterations by the Student
If the student wishes to change their booking in any way after the confirmation has been issued, they must inform us by email immediately. For further information, please refer to our Cancellation & Refunds policy.
13. Transferring to another course
We can move your booking to another course only before your course starts or while your course is running, but under the following circumstances:
• If you have booked the wrong course by mistake
• If after the first lesson we realise you need to attend a different level
• If during your course, you struggle to attend regularly and prefer to be moved to a different day of the week (providing that there are available courses and spaces)
Otherwise, and unless there is a special reason to change courses, this is limited to once only and must be confirmed by email immediately you stop attending your course.
14. Catch up classes
If you miss a lesson during your course you can log into our Student Portal to book a replacement class. Catch up classes are offered from other courses we run and in some cases there may be a delay before a catch up class becomes available. Reserving a catch up class is only possible while your course is running and is limited to 3 classes. This service is not guaranteed.
15. Returning students
Returning students qualify for a £15 loyalty discount providing booking is made on completion of a current course. At the end of your course you can request a loyalty code to use with your booking.
Your personal information
Where you provide personal information it will be used only for the service you requested.
Your information will only be captured and stored if you have submitted an online form requesting to download content or have requested further information.
How your information will be used
- We will only use your information (including personal information) for the purposes of:
- Dealing with, and responding to you about a comment submitted via an online form or if you have requested to download content from the site utilising online forms;
- Personalising your visits to the Website and developing the design and style of the Website to improve the services provided to you;
- Informing you about the latest changes to the Website that you might find interesting;
- Enabling you to share content with others;
- Communicating (and personalising such communication) with you including through sending you marketing communications;
- Conducting market research;
- Carrying out statistical, technical and logistical analysis
- We will not disclose your personal data to third parties