Thank you for visiting this Vamos website at www.letslearnspanish.co.uk
Vamos Language Teaching Ltd is a company incorporated in England and Wales (Company number 6457828)
The company registered address is 56 Government Row, Enfield EN3 6JN and our VAT number is GB 141614345
Our school address is 113 High Holborn London WC1V 6JQ
1. Definitions and Interpretations in these Conditions
The ‘Company’ refers to the ‘School’ and shall mean Vamos or Vamos Language Teaching Limited. ‘The Student’ refers to the person in whose name the booking is made and shall include the person or persons on whose behalf the booking is made. ‘Force Majeure’ shall mean any event outside the Company’s control which prevents the prompt performance of its obligations, including war and civil strife, etc.
The ‘Client’ shall mean the person in whose name the booking is made and shall include the person or persons on whose behalf the booking is made.
The ‘Student’ shall mean the person who is participating in the course.
2. Courses Outlines
10-week courses – 20 hours of lessons, with 1 x 2-hour lessons per week.
5-week courses – 20 hours of lessons, with 2 x 2-hour lessons per week.
1-week courses – 20 hours of lessons, with 5 x 4-hour lessons per week.
For more information on courses please go to our Courses page
3. Entry Requirements
Unless otherwise agreed students are required to be 18 years and over and unless a complete beginner should complete an online level test to indicate their level.
4. Corporate training and private tuition
- Private tuition fees are paid in advance in agreed blocks of time.
- Cancellations require a minimum of 24-hours notice.
- Unused tuition for more than 6 months is not transferrable.
- A travel charge may apply if the teaching location is beyond Zone 2.
5. Course books and materials
Course materials including textbooks and CDs are provided once only without charge. Returning students must retain their textbook (or otherwise purchase) unless the course they’re joining requires a new book.
6. Minimum Number of Students
We require a minimum number of students to be able run a group course; however in some of the more specialist courses the demand is more limited. We make every effort to run all of our courses as advertised, but we cannot guarantee courses that fail to meet the minimum student number will be able to run.
If that is the case then this is the process we will follow:
- If possible we will offer you a place on a different course, or the solution may be to merge courses.
- The course may still run (at the School’s discretion), even when the minimum number of students is met, however the course time would likely be reduced and in some cases aligned with our rates for private tuition as a smaller group would cover the course material in a shorter amount of time.
- If neither of the above options is practical then your course fee will be refunded back in full.
7. Maximum Number of Students
The maximum number of places on a course is 14 students.
8. Public Holidays
If a course takes place on a public holiday, no lessons will take place on that day and the course will be extended.
9. Course Fees
Course fees include VAT however there may be an additional charge for teaching materials unless otherwise stated.
10. Booking and Payment
No contract is made between the school and the student and no booking is valid until the school has issued a confirmation by e-mail, which will be issued following receipt of a completed payment.
11. Cancellations and Refunds
In the event of cancellation, the following terms will be met.
10-Week and 5-Week courses:
- More than 7 days before course start date: We can offer you a full refund of your course up to one week before the advertised start date, or you can reschedule to a later start date.
- Less than 7 days before course start date: You can transfer your booking to the next course at no extra charge.
- Unattended courses for more than 6 months are not transferrable.
Claiming a refund:
You must contact the School at the time of cancellation, following the stages indicated above, in order to claim any refund. We cannot offer any refunds at all where cancellations are made on the start date or once the course has already started. Those who do not attend the rest of their course after the lessons have started cannot claim for a refund at any later stage.
Should the School be unable to run the course, or make suitable alternative arrangements under the Minimum Number of Students policy, the student will receive a full refund.
12. Liability of the School
- We accept responsibility for ensuring that all parts of the course are supplied as described and that all services shall reach reasonable standard unless failure or improper performance is attributable to:
a) the fault of the student.
b) the unforeseeable or unavoidable actions of an unconnected third party.
c) unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond the School’s control, including force majeure.
13. Alterations by the Student
If the student wishes to change their booking in any way after the confirmation has been issued, they must inform us immediately. For further information, please refer to our Cancellation & Refunds policy.
14. Transferring to another course
We can transfer your booking to another course provided you tell us after your first lesson if you think you need to move up or down a level. Otherwise, and unless there is a special reason to change courses, this is limited to once only and must be confirmed by email immediately you stop attending your course.
15. Returning students discount
Returning students qualify for a £15 loyalty discount providing the booking is made on completion of a current course. At the end of your course we will send you a voucher code to use with your booking.
Your personal information
Where you provide personal information it will be used only for the service you requested.
Your information will only be captured and stored if you have submitted an online form requesting to download content or have requested further information.
How your information will be used
- We will only use your information (including personal information) for the purposes of:
- Dealing with, and responding to you about a comment submitted via an online form or if you have requested to download content from the site utilising online forms;
- Personalising your visits to the Website and developing the design and style of the Website to improve the services provided to you;
- Informing you about the latest changes to the Website that you might find interesting;
- Enabling you to share content with others;
- Communicating (and personalising such communication) with you including through sending you marketing communications;
- Conducting market research;
- Carrying out statistical, technical and logistical analysis
- We will not disclose your personal data to third parties